Sammi Sam Jury Bloggie

What does Sam Chan-Jury wants to share with you today?

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Life recently...

Chris finally got a job working at Noel Leeming installing electronic appliances and doing delivery. It's not the best pay in the world but it's good enough for now anyway.

Now that he has a job I'm really hoping to quit mine and work somewhere else. I've been feeling really really tired of my receptionist work and hoping to go somewhere esle which gives me regular hours and regular breaks during work.

I guess I can totlaly understand why Sofia hated her receptionsit job so much before she left; working unsocialable hours is really not ideal for people who has a family. At least for her, she always take her breaks and she always have people covering peak time with her. For me and Abbi...because we are so short of staff, we dont get regular breaks (pretty much NO breaks) and quite often we have to work all by ourselves at reception when it is busy. The very first time I felt really disappointed with my supervisor when she left me at reception all by myself and went to do aerobic class instead. It's so not fair working at where I am now...I do get paid pretty well and I love my colleagues...but I feel so trapped in there and I really feel like they overstretched all of the contracted staff there...

Maybe I don't suit working in the sport industry since working irregular hours is part of the job descriptions...Although I have to stress that working at a fitness centre reception really isnt so much "working in the sport industry" since all I do is smile and take whatever shit from the customers who think they are always right! By the way, we have no choice but take all the blame from customers when management is too slow to act and when management is too ignorance to care about a damn thing!

Yeah...2 years working as a receptionist really worn me out...I need a new job and I'm determined to get it before I get married in May!

Wish me luck and pray for me...

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Since you have finished your study, there are way better jobs everywhere for you but this one. I don't like your working hrs as well, most of the time can't eat dinner with you at a normal time. Its nice to have times like today, going out together and cook together. We should do that more often~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home