Sammi Sam Jury Bloggie

What does Sam Chan-Jury wants to share with you today?

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My new job

My new job is a lot harder than I thought and its diffinitely more complicated and challenging than my previous job at the rec centre. Well there's just so much to learn; so many technical terms, so many different confusing parts, and so many things about the system that they refuse to teach me.

I'm just very lucky to have Nick (my work buddy) to teach me. He's only been there for 11 months (which isnt a long time for a job so complicated) and he's really good at teaching and showing me how the system works and giving me tasks to do in order to train me up. He's a very funny guy and he's only 20; I'm very glad that he's so easy to get along since he's the person I see the whole day :)

The problem I found as soon as I started this job is that, there's no proper induction programme in place and all I can learn is the bits and pieces that came to me randomly. According to Nick, our boss doesnt teach the staff much at all; we are not allowed to do a lot of things and there doesnt seem a lot of trust around the place. I think the boss is finding really hard to delegate jobs to her staff. She's probably like me when I was doing my sport management stuff; it's hard to delegate tasks to others when you want things to be done EXACTLY you want! Other than lack of trust, I think she worries about the staff not having the cabability to learn so much in a short period of time. Whatever it is, it is very frustrating when they dont train you systematically and all you can rely on is your pity memory...

New parts that I leant today: Gasket, Trivet, O ring, dryer filter, access port, kneading blades, shaving foil and blades...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home