Sammi Sam Jury Bloggie

What does Sam Chan-Jury wants to share with you today?

Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Chinese Birthday Buns





I wanted to make them since I saw the recipe online couple weeks ago. I have always love the Chinese birthday peach buns, I use to eat a lot of them at Grandma/pa's birthday dinners.
These ones that I made last night werent completely successful...well it tastes very similar to those in the resturants but the bun is a lot harder (steamed for too long may be?). The one thing that really disappointed me was that the buns are yellowish not white...I wonder how the chefs in HK made those buns so white...mine are yellow :(
Anyway, I think it was kinda fun making them, even though their shapes are not exactly that appetising hoho ;-)
Oh I so wish Kate and mum are here to share these with me (and cook them together). Chris doesnt really like the white lotus seed paste inside the buns (oh but I love them!)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home